Saturday, March 6, 2010

Fearful Female Over 50 Stuck in Blunderland

Dear Reader,



Today I begin my first blog. If you would have told me I would be doing this a few years ago, I never would have believed you. That wouldn't be according to my plan. Funny thing about my plan -- God laughed at it. He has other ideas.



And I guess that is why I am blogging. My life is in a state of disarray, and I need someone to talk to about my frustrations. No, dear reader, it is not as if I have no one to talk to about my problems. But, the number of negatives in my life seem to be growing just like Alice did when she took a nibble from the cake that said "Eat me." And frankly, I would rather spend my time with friends talking about positive things. So, I am counting on you, dear reader to be my outlet, or like the characters in Alice in Wonderland, I am apt to go mad. And who knows? As I work through my problems, maybe the lessons I learn can be of help to you as well.



I don't think my problems are unique. It's just there are so many at one time! Maybe you can identify with a some of them. Let's dish about a few right now:




  • My current company was recently acquired by my former company (talk about falling down a rabbit hole), and I may, for the first time in my life, be joining the ranks of the unemployed at an age I once had envisioned would be my retirement age

  • Why not just retire, you say? Well, my husband amassed a huge amount of debt without my knowledge to try to keep his business running and I have been trying to pay it off for the last three years (got to love the ability to open endless credit cards -- thanks BOA)

  • So your career is going down the tubes and you're in debt up to your ears. Surely, your loving family balances those negatives? Not exactly. I have two wonderful grandchildren who I love dearly, and they feel the same about me. However, my stepdaughter (their mother) is mentally ill (this is not a snarky comment, she really is), and is threatening to cut off all ties with us

  • Hm mm...does sound pretty depressing. Anything else? Yes. My faithful dog is very ill and I am likely to lose him in the coming days

So, is it any wonder that I need to blog? Now that you know the issues, I hope you come back to see how things unfold in Blunderland. I promise not to bore you with endless bad analogies to the Lewis Carroll classic with ever post.

No comments:

Post a Comment